Free Download Solid Angle Maya To Arnold For Maya 2018/2019/2020/2022 Plug-in provides a bridge to the Arnold renderer within Maya’s standard interface. MtoA is now shipping with the Arnold 5.0 core.
Solid Angle Arnold for Maya Overview
Arnold is an advanced 3D rendering engine using the “Monte Carlo” ray tracing calculation method, designed to meet the demands of modern visual effects and animation production, simplifying the rendering process with a streamlined user interface. A streamlined workflow for artists.
Originally co-developed with Sony Pictures Imageworks and now used as its primary representative, Arnold is used in more than 300 studios worldwide, including ILM, Framestore, MPC, The Mill, Mikros Image.
Features of Solid Angle Arnold for Maya
- Seamless integration with Maya shapes, cameras, lights and shaders.
- Image Based Lighting support, including a state of the art physical sky.
- Interactive rendering (IPR) allows parameter changes to be rapidly previewed without interrupting your work.
- Support for volume rendering with Maya Fluids.
- Support for Maya Hair and nHair.
- Particles and nParticles support, including particle instancer.
- Defer the creation of geometry at render time with the Stand-in placeholder nodes.
- Productivity boost: override sets, holdout mattes, shadow catcher, passes, UDIM style textures, and arbitrary primvar data.
- Extensible through plug-ins (Golaem, FumeFX for Maya, Yeti, Shave & Haircut).
- XGen integration.
- Texturable geometric lights.
- Deep EXR.
- Rendering of curves.
System Requirements and Technical Details
- Developer By: Solid Angle
- Maya 2019, 2020 or 2022
- Windows 10 or later, with the Visual Studio 2019 redistributable.
- Linux with at least glibc 2.17 and libstdc++ 4.8.5 (gcc 4.8.5). This is equivalent to RHEL/CentOS 7.
- MacOS 10.13 or later.
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set. Apple Mac models with M series chip are supported under Rosetta 2 mode.
- GPU rendering works on Windows and Linux only and requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Ampere, Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture. We recommend using the 470.74 or higher drivers on Linux and 472.12 (Quadro), 472.12 (GeForce), or higher on Windows. See Getting Started with Arnold GPU for more information.
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above.